2.18.2008

only 36 more to go.......

I wasn't going to post pictures of this forget-me-not doily until I had at least one row of flowers completed, but.....this is becoming so pretty, I just had to post pictures of the progress.

Only 36 more flowers to go!
With winter still being very much in evidence here at our house, well--- we need a bit of spring-time flowers to pique our interest for that soon arriving season of spring.
--------------------------------------------------
And although this is still the view of our front yard, the kids are itchin' to forget the whole season of spring--jump start to summer and get the pool uncovered and to soak up the hot sun while swimming.
I think the weatherman is predicting otherwise.
--------------------------
So, for now, it's back to crocheting flowers instead of searching for them in our gardens.


5 comments:

heymom said...

I love your work in progress. I am starting my Spring cleaning to help beat the winter blues. I am tired of the snow, snow, snow. Thanks for the picture, it brightened my day!

Lisa Boyer said...

Hee hee...I literally gasped when I looked at your post this morning and said "ahhhhhhhh!!" Nothing like a beautiful doily to make me swoon. It's SO pretty. It's worth all the separate flowers! You go, girl! It's awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow---beautiful work! It looks really very intricate and time-consuming.

Anonymous said...

the crocheted flowers are so spring like....the blue with the white is very pretty.

-bess

Knot Garden said...

That is seriously pretty, and looks like a lot of work! Great job:)