3.22.2008

4 square

I used to be a kindergarten & art teacher but I had to step aside from that vocation for the time being. Having 3 children and a career caused me to 'have way too much on my plate'---I was basically a 'chicken running around with her head cut-off' trying to do everything for everybody. My husband suffered. My children suffered. My students suffered. And I suffered. So I am relishing, yes, RELISHING this period of my life that I am able to stay home and run a house of 5 people.....but oh, where was I?.... ....ahhh, yes....as a teacher I loved watching the children take chalk and draw 4 squares on the blacktopped playground to play ' 4 Square'. This pattern reminds me of that playful game. Each square of fabric represents 4 different & unique childen.
These 4 squares meet up in the middle of this wall-hanging that I am slooooooooowly starting to get finished.
And celebrating Easter with my husband's family tomorrow will certainly see me trying to get this done while we are sitting around wondering if the kids will ever find all of the eggs Grandma hid. And will they be found in one day? Or will we laugh so hard when one is found this coming Christmas under a cushion in the sofa...or behind the cereal box in the cupboard....

Happy Easter.....

...to all of you very favorite, lovely friends!

7 comments:

Sally said...

What a delightful posting! Thanks for sharing a bit of your history and that lovely wall hanging. And Happy Easter to you and yours.

Mar said...

And do you have to hid those eggs over and over? what sweet memories. I love your quilt, yes it does need some handquilting. Happy Easter.

Suzy said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! Your top turned out beautiful! The colors you chose seem so appropriate for welcoming Spring! Happy stitching. :o)

Knot Garden said...

Now I know you taught art, I can see it in what you do! That explains your sense of colour and design. The quilt is coming together beautifully. Hope you are having a lovely Easter with your family.

Twiggy said...

Hi
Your blog and crafts projects are beautiful.
Twiggy x

Cathie said...

Oh, I love the tulip basket the most! Hope you had a lovely Easter and thank you for sharing the quilt with us!

Cath

Dandelion Quilts said...

Isn't that fun and lovely! I can relate to the chicken with her head cut off bit....weekly, no make that daily. :) Your wall hanging is beaUtiful!!