12.07.2011

dressy towel


This cute towel topper all started here...
...at an art & craft show that our daughter was showing at.  A warm & wonderful woman next to her booth was selling the most delightful  c*r*o*c*h*e*t*e*d  items.

Oh, just imagine the cutest projects!  And all crocheted!?..

Breathe.

Crocheted ornaments, hotpads, dishcloths, hangars and towels that were made to look like kitchy dresses.  

And everyone was just swarming her booth, swooping up all of her wares.  I was entranced (and yes! I stared shamelessly) at the way she just beamed as people purchased her dearly crocheted items.

So, as soon as there was a lull, my daugher & I poured over her stuff too and I bought her adorable snowman towel.

I love these towel toppers so much I knew I had to make some and began hunting down a pattern that was a bit like the one she had made. 


I was a bit confused by some of the directions I found, so I just studied (and studied.and studied.and studied.) my snowman towel topper instead and came up with this dressy towel topper.



I am off to the store to buy out their selection of Christmas towels.

Can you just imagine how many of these you could make for everyone?...



24 comments:

Unknown said...

So adorable.
Teresa

Marilyn said...

love the enthusiasm...the whole lot...?! :)
guess what you can't do this year will set you up for nexat.
Have seen tons of patterns for these popping up all over...
what went around...comes around once again!!!
Enjoy your new happy time!

Grateful4Crochet said...

This is so ridiculously cute!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I have a crocheted top towel, but NOT a DRESSY towel topper! It's so cute.

Pradeepa said...

It is so cute and the colours you have used are just gorgeous.

kr said...

Can you share your changes? I like yours best.

Aisyah Helga said...

So cute!! I love the colors!

Anna said...

Great idea ! Beautiful result !
Hug
Anna

sajuki said...

lovely :)

opportunityknits said...

This is such a cute towel topper. I need to keep this in mind for future christmas presents! Thanks for the pattern link :)

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

…....... /)
……... ( , )
….….|░░░|
……..|░░░|☆ Feliz _(♥)_
…..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨Navidad.
.¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨y
…¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨Año Nuevo.
…¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
*♥*.

Ana Rezende said...

Great idea.
Lovely.
Ana

Bari Jo said...

Oh I just love this! Your version is wonderful! I would love to learn how to make these!

carol said...

That is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my these are just too cute. I am thinking about making some for a future craft show and see if they would sell. Can you tell me how much to charge for a dress towel topper. I am no good a pricing things. THESE ARE SO DARN CUTE they would have to sell.

Thanks and love your items. :)

Alice

Dawn said...

To: Alice,

Thank you!

As for pricing, I would not go over $5 per towel. And you are right -- these will sell like hotcakes!

Have fun with your selling endeavor!

Dawn

Unknown said...

hi, I was wondering where are the directions to make this dress topper? Thanks, Sharon

Anonymous said...

where is the pattern

Unknown said...

I can't ever find the patterns to any of these. Its frustrating

Unknown said...

I can't ever find the patterns to any of these. Its frustrating

Anonymous said...

Why post a picture if you don't post directions??

Unknown said...

Do u know if she did the whole towel or half of the towel?

mommox5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommox5 said...

TRY THIS LINK.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dress-towel-toppers-crochet-t70195.html